Radcliffe Cagers Journey to Brandeis, Look for Victory After Two Losses

By Kathleen T. Riley

The Radcliffe Hoopsters will try to rebound from last weekend's loss to Yale as they travel to Brandeis tonight to better their 6-4 mark for the season.

"I think we're ready to play our best. We want to come off our two losses, to Yale and Stonehall, with a victory." Captain Jean Guyton said yesterday.

"To get that victory we're coming out of our pattern plays. In general we will just try to use our imaginations more in the game, which should make it more fun," Guyton added.

More Shots

Guard Lissa Muscatine said that the team's strategy will be to put the offense together. "We will try for more shots, open shots, and rebounds. Our defense has been solid this season so what we need to improve is the shooting."

Muscatine said that she hopes Brandeis won't be as professional or as strong as Yale.

Sophomore Sue Williams, the only double-digit scorer against Yale, will try to do it again tonight at Brandeis. Help should come from the able-bodied Guyton and Muscatine, and a cluster of other regulars.

The Radcliffe team will have one more meet, this Saturday against Williams, before starting the Greater Boston Championships, where the squad has first seed in its division.