Brown Scores in First Half; J. V. Stickwomen Succumb 1-0

By Emily A. Souvaine

The Brown J.V. field hockey team scored the only goal of the game with thirty seconds left in the first half giving them a 1-0 victory over Radcliffe yesterday at Soldier's Field.

Brown tallied on a rush from the right side. Dajeen Ashamu, the Radcliffe goalie, was there, but she mis-timed her kick.

Radcliffe played aggressively in the first half, dominating the game with eighteen shots on goal, but could not overpower the Brown goalkeeper.

Brown had only two shots on goal, but was able to make the last one count. "They're batting .500," the referee said.

In the second half, Radcliffe again controlled the ball, keeping it at the Brown end of the field and getting off another twelve shots against four for the Bruins.

Naughty, Naughty

The 'Cliffe stickwomen's pressure resulted in two goals, one in each half, but both were called back because the referees detected fouls.

Coach Debi-Field yesterday credited an excellent Bruin defense, while blaming her squad's loss on defensive lapses. Field still, however, found consolation in a strong 'Cliffe offense. "With the combination of our offense and their defense, no one could have beaten us," Field said.

The J.V.'s record now stands at two wins, three losses, and three ties. The stickwomen will try to even their record next Tuesday against Connecticut College.