Fellowship

News Shorts

Jonathan Tumin, a third year graduate student in the Department of Government, is one of eight winners of the American Political Science Association's congressional fellowships, the association announced last Friday.

Tumin declined to say yesterday whether he will accept the award.

The fellowship consists of a ten-month program in Washington, D.C. The winners will spend five months working in an office or committee of the Senate and five months in the House of Representatives.

Tumin said that the purpose of the program in to provide "insight into the processes of both institutions."

Bruce Oppenheimer, assistant professor of Politics at Brandeis University, and a participant in the program in 1974-'75, said the program is valuable because "most of the important research which is done in Congress is done by the people in the program."

Recommended Articles

New Kennedy Degree Focuses on Developing Countries
Students at the Kennedy School of Government (KSG) can now apply for a two-year degree program that focuses on the
Wharton To Open San Francisco Branch
The Wharton School, the business school of the University of Pennsylvania, will open a branch in San Francisco next year,
K-School Honors Programs
An Illinois state employment program for welfare recipients and a Kentucky project that educates parents alongside their children were among
WHERE ARE THE SNOWS OF YESTERYEAR?
To the Editors of The Crimson: Would it be within the realm of the Crimson's power to revive the Third
Danforth Foundation Cuts Fellowship Aid To Harvard Ed School
The Danforth Foundation last week announced that it is withdrawing the balance of a $1 million grant which backed the
Harvard Grants $100,000 Awards to Innovative Programs
Five government programs won Innovations in American Government Awards from the Ash Institute for Democratic Governance and Innovation at Harvard