Wacker Says Food Poisoning Was False Alarm

Bacteriological tests of a possible food poisoning in Kirkland House Dining Hall last Tuesday have turned up negative, Dr. Warren E. C. Wacker, director of University Health Services said yesterday.

The four Kirkland House residents and three students not eating at Kirkland that reported to UHS with similar stomach disorders have "a possible viral infection found scattered throughout the campus," Wacker said.

One of the ailing Kirkland House residents agreed with Wacker's conclusion. "I'm pretty prone to viral sicknesses to begin with and then after people consistently started dropping day after day I figured it couldn't have been just that swiss steak."

Recommended Articles

Is There A Doctor in The House?
House masterships involve an element of style. Dean Fox says that while all masters bear "a considerable bureaucratic responsibility that
Annual Harvard Blood Drive Begins
More than 200 Harvard students, faculty and employees each donated a pint of blood yesterday at Memorial Hall, which Red
Common Cold
University Health Services (UHS) doctors said yesterday the annual fall outbreak of the common cold is in full swing, but
The Best Contraceptive Is the Word 'No'
Birth control at Harvard is subtle. There are no fancy clinics with tote boards advertising how many are using what
Changing of the Docs
This summer there was a changing of the guard at the University Health Services (UHS), as Associate Professor of Medicine
UHS Head to Leave Top-Spot
The director of Harvard University Health Services (UHS) will step down from the post in June 1989 after taking the