Party Planner

The Harvard Party Company will seek official recognition as an undergraduate organization by presenting the company's constitution to the Committee on Housing and Undergraduate Life on December 5, a spokesman for the group said yesterday.

The company sponsored a bash in the Freshman Union after the Harvard-Dartmouth football game, and will hold the first annual Christmas champagne ball in the Union on December 9, Bret R. Johnson '81, founder of the company, said yesterday.

The money earned from admission fees to the parties goes to wages for workers at the parties or to the company fund, Johnson added.

Johnson got the idea for the company after seeing how "awful" the freshman mixer was, he said yesterday. Johnson decided "there was a market for some good parties," he added.

Several faculty members will receive free tickets to the ball, where champagne for 1200 people will be provided, John S. Scheft '81, a planner of the ball, said yesterday.

"The champagne ball will be great because faculty will come to this party to mingle with students," Scheft said.

Scheft added, "People are going to see this as a freshman party; it could really be called a College-wide party."

Recommended Articles

'Catch' Gives Yale the Game
NEW HAVEN, Conn.--The Harvard football team has led or been tied in the fourth quarter of every single game it
Johnson's Grab Wins 116th Game For Yale
Harvard Turnovers Give Yale 34-24 Win in 117th Meeting
For the past two years, the only consistency the Harvard football team has maintained is its ability to let games
Why to Vote For DeBerry
Which side are you on: the side of the working class or the side of the capitalist class? This is
French Singer Here Tonight
Roger Dann, French night club singer and star of the former Broadway play, "A Happy Time," is coming from New
JOHNSON CLUB AGAIN MAKING STOCK OUT OF OIL SCANDAL
The Teapot Dome scandal has stirred the Hiram Johnson for President Club again. A statement issued yesterday by L. E.