New Orleans Mayor-Elect To Teach Here

By George G. Scholomite

New Orleans Mayor-elect Ernest "Dutch" Morial arrived at Harvard yesterday to begin a three month stay as a fellow of the Institute of Politics.

Morial, a black liberal Democr at elected last fall, with 52 per cent of his city's vote, will take office May 1. Until then Morial will teach a seminar at the Institute called "Urban Policy and Intergovernmental Relations: A Mayor's Dilemma."

The seminar will focus on some of the strategies mayors use to deal with federal, state and local agencies, and will feature guest speakers of the mayor-elect's choice.

Morial said yesterday his primary objective will be to give students insight into the administrative problems of running a city government.

"I am looking forward to working with young people at Harvard who are interested in current issues and problems because the future destiny of our cities is in their hands," he said.

Morial, who will be affiliated with Leverett house, was the first black Democrat ever elected to the Louisiana legislature. He also has served as a judge of the Orleans Parish Juvenile Court.