Kennedy Library

A coalition of anti-nuclear, and community action groups plan to demonstrate Saturday when President Carter attends the John F. Kennedy dedication at the University of Massachusetts (UMass).

The coalition, which includes the Student Coalition Against Nukes, the Clamshell Alliance, and Boston Fightback, hopes to persuade Carter to freeze gas prices and back an energy program that does not include nuclear energy.

A spokesman for the Radcliffe-Harvard Anti-Nuclear Alliance said although the group supports the UMass demonstration, they have not joined the coalition.

A spokesman for the group said Monday that although he could not predict the number of demonstrators at UMass, the coalition will try to get "as close as possible" to the president.

Recommended Articles

Baseball Drops Beanpot Opener
BOSTON—Just when it seemed the Harvard baseball team had snatched a victory from UMass in yesterday’s Beanpot opener at Fenway
Carter's Triumph: Winds of Change
S LIM THOUGH the margin was, Jimmy Carter's victory last week represents a mandate for progressive change in American government.
Anti-Nuke Groups Win Support For Occupation at Seabrook
Aboard the sailing ship Beaver, scene of the Boston Tea Party, local anti-nuclear leaders yesterday announced growing support for the
Harvard Unions Form Coalition For Negotiations
The leaders of Harvard's seven unions have put together a loose coalition to coordinate goals in their ongoing labor negotiations
Atty. General Claims Energy Ads Mislead
The Massachusetts Attorney General, an opponent of the controversial Seabrook nuclear power plant, filed suit Friday against the Coalition for
Clamshell Coalition Agrees on Tactics
The anti-nuclear Clamshell Alliance, attempting to heal a rift between militant and moderate factions, agreed last weekend to reorganize the