Swimmers Take Fourth-Place Finish in Ivies.

The Harvard women's swim team squeezed past Dartmouth by a slim, 11-point margin to gain a hard-earned fourth-place behind Princeton, Yale and Brown at the Ivy League Championships this weekend in New Haven.

Before the final event of the meet, the 400-yd. freestyle relay, the Crimson needed to place in the top three or defeat Dartmouth in order to hold on to fourth place. The relay team of Emily Feldman, Adele Joel, Maura Costin and Gina Stewart clinched it for Harvard when they swam past the Big Green to place third in a time of 3:49.43.

Freshman Pam Stone followed her first-place finish on the one-meter board with a second-place finish in the three-meter competition, finishing just ten points behind Barnard's Tina Steck. Stone's score of 438.25 points established new Harvard and New England records.

Throughout the meet, Maura Costin and Emily Feldmen were also outstanding. Both swimmers competed in seven events and swam their season's fastest times in every event.

Feldman had her best night Saturday, including a fourth-place finish in the 400-yd. individual medley in a time of 4:52.97. Costin followed her in fifth place.