Chisholm and Fuller Address Forum

Architect Advocates Solar Energy

"It is completely possible to phase out the use of fossil fuels and atomic energy," renowned architect R. Buckminster Fuller said yesterday to the 600 people gathered at the Cambridge Forum.

The country is capable of relying solely on solar and wind energy, he said. "We must rely on our energy income," Fuller added.

Fuller said many Americans are aware of the potential of solar and wind energy but that "those in the position of doing something don't."

Americans and their leaders must understand their options, Fuller said. The reason most of them don't is "that 99 per cent don't understand science or the reliable language of science--mathematics," he added.

Fuller said that 95 per cent of American energy use is wasteful, Americans must be educated as to proper energy use, Fuller added.

"We must learn to do less with more," Fuller said concerning future energy policy. Fuller said this policy had worked in the incorporation of scrap metals by American industry and the use of half-ton satellites to process thousands of tons of data.

"The less-is-more theory" is also the basis for his geodesic dome, Fuller said Fuller said there are more than 300,000 geodesic structures around the world.

The world is in a process of continuing evolution and integration of all humanities and credos, Fuller said.

To understand this evolution we must further understand "the invisible world of the atoms with our minds and instruments.