Yale Approves Study in Britain

By Compiled FROM College newspapers

NEW HAVEN, Conn.--Yale University last week approved a "Yale in London" program for students to sample British culture and take full-year courses in art, literature and politics.

Previously, Yale has allowed only certain juniors to study abroad with special approval required. The new program will be open to students in all majors, Ronald Paulson, chairman of Yale's British Studies Program, said.

Five Courses Offered

The program is designed for about 14 students but more may be accepted. Courses to be offered in London for the Yale students include "Art, Politics and Literature in the Tudor Age," "London in History and Literature," "Art, Politics and Literature in the Stuart Age," "Drama and Society in England" and "British Culture and Society."

Many trips to museums and historical areas of interest are planned, and students also may take classes at the University of London.

The "Yale in London" program will operate out of Yale's Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, which already sponsors a summer program in London for Yale students.