Peeters Injured in Bruins' 9-5 Win

By From WIRE Reports

Bruce Crowder scored two goals and seven teammates had one each last night as the Boston Bruins went on a 9-5 National Hockey League over the St. Louis Blues at the Boston Garden.

Veteran goalie Pete Peeters was knocked unconscious and carried from the ice in the third period.

Peeters, the NHL's top goalie last season, was knocked out in a goalmouth collision with St. Louis defenseman Andre Dore at 8:27 of the third period with Boston in front, 7-5.

After being treated by team doctors, Peeters was wheeled on a stretcher off the ice to the dressing room where he regained consciousness. The doctors ordered him to nearby Massachusetts General Hospital for overnight observation for possible head and neck injuries.

Peeters, who was marking his 200th appearance in goal, had 18 saves before being injured. He was replaced by Doug Keans, who had five saves the rest of the way.

Other Boston scorers last night were Mike O'Connell, Rick Middleton, who also had three assists, Luc Dufour, Nevin Markwart, Mike Krushelyski, Ray Bourque and Perry O'Reilly.

Perry Turnbull had two goals and Jorgen Pettersson, Bernie Federko and Brian Sutter one each for the Blues.

Pettersson gave St. Louis a 1-0, lead, but the Bruins bounced back for their fifth victory without defeat on home ice this season.

Mike O'Connell tied the score on a power play at 19:20 of the opening period and Middleton, Dufour, Mark wart and Krushelnyski hiked the Boston lead to 5-1 in the first 4 1/2 minutes of the second period.