New Bishop

"I'm concerned that democratic process has been violated," said parent and former school committee candidate David Enton. Enton criticized committee members for not publicizing their intent to remove Lannon during last fall's campaign.

"I'm very much concerned that the introduction of this motion is an arbitrary act not based on a serious evaluation of the superintendent's performance," he added.

CCA president Frederick C. Levy commended Lannon for overseeing the successful desegregation of the Cambridge schools,

"The CCA supports

Andrew assistant to Sen. Paul E. Tsongas (D-Mass.) read a letter from Tsongas commending Lannon's infusion of computers into the Cambridge curriculum.

City Councilors Alice K. Wolt and Francis H. Duchay '55 also spoke in support of Lannon.

"If this superintendent is discharged, you will not be able to attract another superintendent of his caliber to this school system." Duchay told the committee.

"This is a power play and we cannot afford

The Committee voted to recess public discussion until Thursday, but even so the hearing may be no more than an exercise because four committee members have indicated opposition to a renewal of Lannon's contract.

"I wouldn't bet money that Lannon's contract will be renewed," Koocher commended before the hearings.

"The CCA supports