Men Run Past Dartmouth, Brown... ...While Women Do the Same

An individual's inspired performance can often ignite a whole team. And in a try-meet at Brown this past Saturday, the Harvard women's track team was led by two tracksters whose efforts brought the Crimson to victory over the Bruins and Dartmouth.

Junior Mariquita Patterson won the long jump with an 18-ft., 1-in. leap, the 55 meter hurdles in 8.43, and ran in the 800 meter relay which Harvard won in 1:45.6.

Alice Neuhauser also sparkled with energy as she came in second, .08 seconds behind the Crimson's Theresa Moore, in the 55 meter run with a 7.57 sprint and won the 200 meter race in a blazing 26.51

Once electrified, Harvard went on to accumulate 67 points; Brown placed second and Dartmouth third, with only 42 and 25 points respectively.

"I am in synch with myself now that exams are over," Patterson said. "There is much team unity and support as we all help one another at practice," she added.

If you add Kate Wiley's and Grace deFries fleetfooted running (Wiley won the 1500 meter run in 4:33.82 and deFries took the 800 meter race in 2:14.0) and Marie Acacia's forceful throwing (Acacia shot-putted 42-ft., 2 1/2-in.) to Patterson's and Neuhauser's all-around efforts, you've got all the ingredients lot a big win.