Fake Bulletin

Short Takes

Yesterday morning's yard Bulletin told freshmen interested in a meal Passover at the Union to call Jon E. Meyer '86.

That was the only piece of information the Bulletin got right.

The rest of the weekly fact sheet listed items such as a lice outbreak in Hollis, incorrect Chem 10 grades, intramural mud wrestling and a University Health Services seminar on "Sexual Techniques."

"I believed it at first," said Karen E. Avery '87, who added that she was tipped off by the March I volleyball game. "Canaday vs. other ugly brick buildings."

The bogus Bulletin--the first in years--had freshmen laughing, but others were not amused.

"Fine. It's funny. But to put my announcement in there is really silly," Meyer said yesterday. "That pissed me off a little bit."

"I don't think it is very funny," said David M. Ronis, assistant professor of Chemistry. The grades for his course, Chemistry 10, "Principles of Chemistry," were reported incorrectly on fall report cards, the Bulletin said. "If they [students] start banging on my door. I'm going to get ticked off," Ronis added.

Conan C. O'Brien '85, President of the Lampoon, denied that his organization had anything to do with the fake Bulletin. "This wasn't really our style," said the leader of the social club that periodically publishes parodies. "We're too busy working on another prank, something like crumbling the government," he added.

According to another 'Poonie, who asked not to be identified, the Bulletin was the work of an energetic Lampoon comper.