Laxwomen Await Yale

The Harvard women's lacrosse team took the weekend off from lvy action but several of the teams that did play quickly dropped themselves out of contention for the 1984 league title.

As a result only Harvard Yale and Dartmouth remain alive in the race for the 1984 lvy crown and the accompanying NCAA tournament berth.

But even Dartmouth's loss to cellar dweller Cornell over the weekend proved that in lvy women's lacrosse the Ancient Eight might as well be the Ancient Two.

So when the Crimson travels to New Haven Saturday the winner of the Harvard Yale showdown will undoubtedly be heavily favored to cop the league crown.

The Elis will put a perfect 4-0 league record on the line againt the Crimson's equally flawless 3-0 lvy state. The nation's 10th-ranked Bulldogs will be looking to put an end to the Crimson's three-year reign on the lvy throne.

Meanwhile Harvard Yale and the nation's fifth ranked squad, will be gunning to move ahead in the national poll.

Before they move on to Yale the Cantabs will play their final non-league (and final home) game of the year Tuesday, when Boston University visits Soldiers Field.