Thinking Pennant

Baseball

By T. NICHOLAS Dawidoff, Contributing Reporter

"I was sorry for anyone too old or .

Growing up with the Red Sox is usually a heartbreaking endeavour. Indeed, part of the beauty of being a Red Sox .

The Party line is that House never has much to say that isn't positive about a player, and in the case, at least, the party line is entirely correct. Everyone muddled around him, scribbling, and the leaned back in his chair. Bad light in , first offering his thoughts on the evening's activity and then responding to questions. I noted only his words of praise for Barrett's game-ending play. I soon tired of Houk and eager to see the Red Sox themselves, stepped into the locker room.

The Boston Red Sox room is covered with with bland wall-to-wall carpeting that matches the sedate scene inside. Cubicles line the walls, at one point breaking the room's otherwise roaring with glee. Buckner's locker is situated at the center of the room and as he pranced about, I noticed a pile of stills on his stool. He has an uncanny resemblance to photographs of Deep Throat's Harry Reems Buckner would autograph them when he found the time.