Men's Water Polo

Sportswrap

The Harvard men's water polo team opened the 1985 season by getting dunked at the Eastern Water Polo Association Tourney at Brown this weekend, where it lost all four of its contests.

The aquadudes had a busy schedule Saturday, competing against Iona, Richmond and Navy.

After dropping each of its first two decisions by more than 10 points, the frazzled squad got blown out of the water by the powerful Midshipmen.

Nevertheless, Crimson Coach Chris Hafferty had an opportunity to give all of his players time in the water--and when Sunday rolled around, the team began to click.

Trailing 10-1 at the halfway mark of Sunday's contest with Bucknell, the Crimson had a resurgence of sorts. Harvard scored a respectable five goals to the Bucknell's seven--producing a final score of 17-6.

The Crimson has a couple of weeks to recover and prepare for its next competition. The New England Tourney will be held at Blodgett Pool the weekend of October 5-6, and will feature such opponents as Columbia, MIT, Princeton, Yale and Brown.