Protest

From Our Readers

To the Editors of The Crimson:

The Spartacist League/U.S., the American section of the International Spartacist tendency, protested British Labour Party Leader Neil Kinnock during his American tour last week. both in Cambridge and Washington, D.C. At Harvard's Kennedy School, Dec. 2, we gave her Majesty's opposition the welcome he deserved, under the slogan "Protest Strikebreaker Kinnock." In solidarity with the British miners, whose strike Kinnock helped to break, we sought to expose his role as a labor-faking, class betrayer of workers and Celtic people, particularly during the miners' bitterly fought 12-months long battle against Thatcher's government. Kinnock endorsed racist cop terror against Black people in Britain when he laid a wreath last month at the grave of a racist cop, killed during the brutal police occupation of a London ghetto.

Nearly every British newspaper and media source--from the BBC to the Tory Telegraph covered the Spartacist protests. First The Crimson deep-sixed our protest. Then on December 6 you ran a picture of our anti-Kinnock demo at the K-School, smearing it as a pro-CIA protest at Amherst. Did our sign linking "Social Democracy from Harvard to London Financed by the CIA" upset the Big Liars in The Crimson basement to the point of shredding the wrong stack of photos? More likely it was a CIA-style "disinformation" on behalf of Harvard's fat bosses--and it stinks! William D. Hughes '89