Four Students Attend Conference on Business

Four Harvard students met with corporate presidents, executives, business scholars and government officials at a recent conference on corporate America in the international arena.

Andrew P. Goldfarb '89, Lori E. Lesser '88, Eric M. Mindich '88 and Brenda J. Walker '88 of Harvard last month joined 200 other participants at the 13th annual "Business Tomorrow Conference" conference in Chicago. The four were chosen from a pool of 2000 applicants to represent Harvard at the conference, which was sponsored by Princeton's Foundation for Student Communicaion.

The conference included speeches, panel discussions and problemsolving workshops run by business and education experts such as Edson Spencer, chairman of Honeywell, and Allan Bloom, author of the bestselling book "The Closing of the American Mind."

The Harvard representatives said they found the conference a worthwhile experience.

"I wanted to attend a nation-wide conference because I was curious about other students' opinions," said Walker, an Afro-American Studies concentrator.

Mindich said the issues discussed at the conference were particularly timely, given the recent situation on Wall Street. "The people I met were very interesting," he said, adding, "I would definitely recommend the conference to other Harvard students."

According to Ellen Friedman, vice-president of the conference and a Princeton junior, the Foundation invites 200 students and 200 members of the business community to attend a three-day conference every year. All of the participants' expenses are paid by the Foundation through corporate sponsorships.