Racquetwomen Roll

By Michael J. Lartigue

The Harvard women's squash team returned to action Sunday with victories over Princeton and Penn.

The Crimson followed up a tough 5-4 win over the Tigers with a not-so-tough 9-0 triumph over the Quakers, improving the squad's record to 5-0 on the year.

Harvard achieved the sweep despite the absence of its number-one player, Co-Captain Diana Edge, who missed both matches because of a sprained ankle.

Hope Nichols, Harvard's number six player, also suffered a pre-matches injury and will miss the remainder of the season. With the injuries to Edge and Nichols, the other team members were forced to move up in the line-up.

Co-Captain Ingrid Boyum, who usually plays in the number-two position, was pressed to play at number one against the nation's top-ranked Demer Holleran. straight fell to the overpowering Holleran straight games, 15-3,15-2,15-7.

Number four, Lucy Miller, Pulled out a five-game victory over Princeton's Jane Dietez, while Emily Knowlton returned from an early season injury to notch a four-game decision.

Sheila Morrissey recorded the only straight-game victory for the Crimson, easing her way to a 15-13, 17-16, 15-9 win over Princeton's Jeanie Coleman.

Other winners included number seven, Fern ward, and number three, Marianna Chilton, who scored an exciting 15-13, 4-15, 15-12, 6-15, 15-11 win against Princeton's Ann Sawyer to give Harvard its fifth and deciding triumph.