SPOTLIGHT

Hockey's Lane MacDonald

Another week. Another hat trick. So the story goes for Harvard men's hockey forward Lane MacDonald.

MacDonald pumped in three goals Friday night and added another Saturday to lead Harvard to a pair of ECAC quarterfinal victories over Brown last weekend.

Last week, MacDonald netted his first hat trick of the year--and the second of his career--against Clarkson in the Crimson's penultimate regular-season game.

MacDonald leads the Crimson in goals-scored with 34. The Harvard record is 42, set by former Harvard forward and current Crimson Coach Bill Cleary in the 1954-'55 season.

MacDonald, a Mequon, Wisc. native and resident of Kirkland House leads the Crimson in points this year with 56. This leaves him in 10th play on Harvard's all-time single-season scoring list, one point ahead of Scott Fusco, who netted 33 goals and recorded 22 assists in 1982-'83.

After this weekend's efforts, MacDonald moved into fifth place on the Crimson career scoring chart with 154 lifetime points. He is seven points behind fourth-place Robert McManama '73 and 33 points behind George Hughes '79. MacDonald is a junior, so he'll have plenty of time this year and next to move up the Crimson scoring ladder.

For his achievements on the ice this past weekend, Lane MacDonald earns this week's Spotlight.

Spotlight appears every Tuesday in the Harvard Crimson.