Club Plans Entrepreneur Conference

The Harvard Entrepreneurial Club is in the market for a conference of "young entrepreneurs from colleges and business schools on the East Coast, and also young professionals," according to the group's president, Mathias Huhne '89.

Huhne said the club will bring "professionals and experts" to the April 15 conference at the Cambridge Marriott Hotel, which accommodates up to 250 people. In addition, Ed Rippey '89 said investor T. Boone Pickens had expresed "interest" in speaking at the conference.

"Among the topics discussed will be creative financing, marketing, and the legal groundwork [of setting up a business]," said Huhne. Rippey said the conference would also cover foreign trade and "the prospect for entrepreneurialism." Club member York M. Eggleston '92 added that panelists might include Harvard professors.

The club has sent brochures explaining the conference to schools on the East Coast, Rippey said, adding that he doubted space would be a problem.

The conference will cost college students approximately $30, said Huhne. "Any money we make will go towards next year's conference," he added. Eggleston said the club is seeking corporate sponsors for the event, which will probably cost about $5000.