ATHLETE OF THE WEEK

Eion Hu is having a pretty good athletic career as a member of the Harvard football team.

The quiet but powerfully-built. Harvard tailback has shredded countless opponents with his classic north-south rushing during the last two seasons, breaking many Harvard rushing records in the process.

He has announced the Harvard single-reason rushing record with 1,102 yards is 1995. His 1994 performance of 1,011 yards is third on the all-time liet. Hu is the first Harvard player to rush for 1,000 yards in more than one season. Hu's 2,112 career rushing yards places very close to 2,130, the all-time mark set by Vic Gattc '69.

And the list goes on and on.

Hu's 175 yards against Yale were good enough for Ivy League Offensive Player of the Week honors, but that rushing statistic doesn't tell half of the story. Hu powered the ball into the end zone on The Drive, the now-famous come-from-behind effort that quarterback Vin Ferrara engineered in the final 1:39 of The Game on Saturday.

Hu was choosen the team's Most Valuable Player by his peers. Hu was awarded the Frederick Geely Crocker Award at last night's break-up banquet at the Harvard Club of Boston.

The good news for Harvard football fanatics is that Hu is only a junior. In other words, hu's got another season to wreak more mayhem.

Recommended Articles

Cross Can't Catch Gridders
WORCESTER, Mass.--Harvard football finally made the late clutch plays it has lacked this season against Holy Cross on Saturday, indicating
Football Looks For Third Win in a Row Against Dartmouth This Afternoon
Two teams on a roll collide this afternoon at the stadium as the Harvard football team, coming off back-to-back wins
ONE YEAR ONE GOAL
Unfinished business. That's what the 1996 Harvard football season is all about for senior running back Eion Hu. You might
Ivy Football Has Wacky, Wild Week
With last week's 35-12 rout of Dartmouth, Harvard football is batting .500 in the Ivy League with a winloss record
Study Shows Danger of Bone Lead
High levels of lead in human bone, and not just blood, are dangerous to one's health, according to a study
League Gridders Shine On
The 1994 football season has seen a major turnaround by the Ivy League. Long dominated by their Patriot League rivals.