Walls of Shame

TO THE EDITORS

Thank you for expressing your interest in the Senior Rejection Process (SRP) and Walls of Shame (WOS). We have had the opportunity to consider the experiences of those you cited in your article alongside those of our rooming group. Your journalistic effort is impressive, but unfortunately we do not believe that it accurately represents the senior experience.

As we are sure you are aware, there are a great number of seniors accumulating Walls of Shame. While the 25 rejections cited are noteworthy, one senior rooming group has accumulated a total of 70 rejections to date, including those from 10 fellowships, 10 medical schools, and 50 consulting and investment banking firms.

We regret to inform you that two of the sources you cited have actually won RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS. Despite their excellent qualifications, we are disappointed that you chose these sources for your article. Some of their peers would be a better fit for the Crimson's Senior Sob Stories (SSS).

Again we thank you for your interest in the SRP, WOS, and SSS and wish you success in your future investigative endeavors.

-Sophie Bryer '96, Sarah Reber '96, Deborah Kozcoff '96, Jennifer Sessions '96, Jennifer Jose '96, Megan Agy '96, Elizabeth Urban '96