THE WIND BENEATH OUR WINGS

A summary of views, commentary and sometimes comedy compiled by The Harvard Crimson editorial staff.

We at Dartboard would like to commend the University Housing Office for their professional handling of the First-Year lottery results. As anxious residents of Thayer Hall waited patiently for word of their randomized fate, a considerate Housing Officer, charged with hand-delivering the envelopes containing the lottery results, saw fit to instead deposit them in a lovely pile in front of the dorm elevator. There the abandoned envelopes sat as the morning wore on and as rising anticipation ate away at the souls of dorm inhabitants.

Then, a hero rose from amongst the tortured masses. George Economou 100, an always enterprising young lad, ventured from the attic of Thayer's 5th floor to investigate the conspicuous absence of his housing verdict. Arriving on the 1st floor, he noticed the pile of mysterious envelopes and watched as an innocent custodian moved to dispose of them. Boldly intervening, George snatched the envelopes back from the brink of oblivion and confirmed that they were, in fact, the much awaited housing results. A lesser man would have simply removed his own envelope. George is not a lesser man. He removed all those belonging to 5th floor residents and delivered them, door-to-door. We at Dartboard applaud George and suggest to the Housing Office that he be financially compensated for his efforts.

We at Dartboard also applaud the Housing Officer who made the initial haphazard delivery. It is rare that we are granted the opportunity to witness such pure, unadulterated incompetence. We wonder, what the hell was he thinking? Maybe he felt that his instructions to actually deliver the envelopes were misguided. So, he exercised some independent thought and decided to toss them on the ground like trash. Bravo. We at Dartboard encourage the University to promote this creative thinker.

Recommended Articles

PLAYING THE HOUSING LOTTERY
It's finally over. Dartboard heaved a sigh of relief this week as our housing lottery came to its epic, grinding
Reserve Yale Game Tickets by Friday
Students seeking tickets for The Game now have an extra week to buy them, thanks to a shortage of ticket
Animal Rights Activitsts Target HMS Professors
Six Harvard Medical School (HMS) researchers have received threats in the last two days from an animal rights activist group,
DARTMOUTH TICKETS
Tickets for the Dartmouth football contest, October 26, in Hanover N.H. are still on sale, starting this morning at 9:30
THE SPORTING SCENE
While the 1202 members of the Class of 1967 were looking over the duplicate forms, envelopes, and inner envelopes that
Dartmouth Envelopes Due
All undergraduate football applications for the Dartmouth game must be filed in the class boxes at the HAA by 5