CAMBRIDGE POLICE BLOTTER

By M. DOUGLAS Omalley, CRIMSON STAFF WRITER

Oct. 15

A Cambridge resident reports that while in Central Square he placed his bag down and when he looked back it was gone.

A Cambridge resident reports that between Oct. 13 and Oct. 15 he has been receiving hang-up calls as well as nasty comments from a former girlfriend.

Oct. 16

John Hinds of 207 Charles St., Cambridge, was arrested at 11:30 a.m. on Fifth Street after he allegedly shot three persons at 157 Fifth St. Hinds was charged with murder and assault with intent to murder. Two victims were taken to area hospitals and a female victim was pronounced dead.

A Mather House resident reports that she came across her stolen bike, valued at $70, locked in Harvard Yard. She reports she met the bike's new owner, a Somerville resident, who said she bought the bike recently from the ATA Bike Shop on Mass. Ave.

Oct. 17

A Concord Avenue business owner reports that a female entered his store and sold him what she said was an authentic Beanie Baby for $200. The stuffed animal was actually a counterfeit.

A Japanese resident reports that his bag was taken while he was eating at a Harvard Square restaurant. The bag contained computer equipment and textbooks totaling in excess of $3,000.

Oct. 18

A Lexington, Mass., tow truck driver reports that he was the victim of kidnapping, armed assault and malicious destruction of property after three unknown males forced him to drive them from Harvard Square to Lowell, Mass. The victim was not seriously injured, but his vehicle was damaged. The suspects fled once they reached Lowell. The incident began at 4 a.m.

At 9:35 p.m. a Garden Street resident was arrested at 150B Mt. Auburn St. after an altercation between two known parties during which one party was stabbed with a knife in the lower torso as he tried to move out of the way of the lunging defendant.

A Mass. Ave. resident reports that while at 2 Holyoke Pl. an unknown person stole her coat valued at $180. The coat contained a California driver's license, Harvard ID card and $60 cash.