Council Prepares to Sell Shuttle Tickets

By Rachel P. Kovner, CRIMSON STAFF WRITER

The Undergraduate Council formed a task force to investigate sourcebook prices and announced the availability of Thanksgiving shuttle bus tickets at a meeting last night.

The task force will investigate the possibility of reducing sourcebook costs by making the books available on the Web.

Trevor S. Blake '00 and Nicholas J. Stone '00, will head up the task force, which will also include six other council members.

This is the third task force this semester formed by a candidate for council president.

Blake is seeking the office with Stone as his running-mate. John A. Burton '01 is heading a task force on the Administrative Board, and Noah Z. Seton '00 is heading a task force on University Health Services. Both Seton and Burton are also seeking the presidency.

T. Christopher King '00, co-chair of the Campus Life Committee, announced that tickets for the Council's shuttle buses to Logan Airport will be on sale today and tomorrow between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

The shuttle buses will depart from Johnston Gate outside Harvard Yard every hour on the hour and from Linnean Street 10 minutes past the hour between 4 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Wednesday.

Tickets, which are $2 each, will be on sale outside the Science Center and in the council's Holworthy office.

Around 250 students made use of the shuttle service last year, when it was first offered by the council.