SATURDAY FEB 27

LISTINGS

Take a walk on the wild side and indulge in a short escape from the urban life; the Museum of Science's Mugar Omni Theater is showing "Alaska: Spirit of the Wild." The IMAX film is narrated by Charlton Heston and stars polar bears, caribou and other interesting wildlife.

The Eliot House Committee is co-sponsoring a Beatles Dance. Even though their co-sponsor is The Independent, it might be fun with the live band Not the Beatles. Dress as your favorite Beatle or simply in '60s attire. Eliot House Dining Hall. $3 admission, free refreshments.

Stop! Before you do anything else, make plans to head over to the MIT Museum to see the exhibit chronicling Harold "Doc" Edgarton's experimental strobe photography. The show features such famous photographs as "Shooting the Apple" (1964) and "Milkdrop Coronet" (1957), as well as a photo taken of a nuclear bomb being tested in a Nevada Desert, entitled "Atomic Bomb Explosion" (1957). The Museum is at 265 Mass. Ave. 253-4444 for more information.

Ice skate at Frog Pond in the Boston Common anytime from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., or see the Boston Bruins take on the Washington Capitals at the FleetCenter at 1:30 p.m. Renting skates at the Common: $5.00; tickets for the Bruins game: $20+.

Witness the perversion of educational science and technology as the Museum of Science presents "Laser Beastie Boys." Colored lasers dance to the sounds of the celebrated punk-rap artists; budget an hour and $7.50 for the show. Starts at 9:15 p.m.

Didn't see enough violence at the Bruins game? Head back to the FleetCenter at 7:30 p.m. for Wrestlemania Road Rage. Balcony seats are just $15 and guarantee just as low-class and offensive an experience as ringside tickets. The Rage brings to Boston an elite roster of wrestlers including The Rock, Undertaker, Big Bossman and more!