WEDNESDAY MAR 24

LISTINGS

Finally, something seriously Irish without St. Paddy's undertones. The S^ Theater Company presents "At The Black Pig's Dyke," a play in Irish folk tradition by Vincent Woods. A mixture of dance, music, and rhyming present "the struggles and hopes of a family torn apart by sectarian violence and tribal hatred." The Boston Center for the Arts. 539 Tremont St. 426-0320. March 19-April 10.8 p.m. $16-$18.

Failing miserably at being an adult? Give it up and go to a participatory rendition of Peter Pan at the Lyric Stage. Through March 28. The Lyric Stage, 140 Clarendon St. 437-7172. 11 a.m. $7.

Time to procrastinate--you have all spring break, after all--and head down to Tremont Street. Written in the 30s by Cao Yu, "Dean of the Chinese playwrights," The Wild Land (adapted into English by Doris Chu) tells the tale of a young woman who strains to escape the pressures of her family in turn of the century China. An escaped convict offers her a chance to reach a place of ceaseless joy. March 18-28. Tremont Theater. 219 Tremont St. 824-8000. 8 p.m. $20.

Impress your friends, mingle with yuppsters. A wine tasting of Chateau d'Yquem at an 'in' spot. Uva vertical. 1418 Commonwealth Ave. 566-5670. 5 to 10 p.m. $39.75/1.5 oz.

You probably missed it last night, so it's playing again. Wim Wenders's "Alice in the Cities" tracks the budding friendship of a German photojournalist (Rudgier Vogler) and an abandoned 9-year-old girl (Yella Rottlander) as they search for her mother (Lisa Kreuzer). German with English subtitles, black-and-white, 16mm. The Harvard Film Archive, The Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts Main Auditorium. 495-4700. 9:45 p.m. FREE.