HARVARD CRIMSON

RECORD: 31-1-0, 24-1-1 (ECAC)

COACH: Katey Stone (UNH '89)

KEY PLAYERS: Co-Captain A.J. Mleczko, the best player in college hockey, is as potent an offensive threat as they come. The 1998 gold medallist led the nation in scoring with 36 goals and 73 assists.

Mleczko's supporting cast comprises some of the finest players in the nation. Sophomore forward Tammy Shewchuk (50, 50), freshman forward Jen Botterill (33, 47) and freshman defenseman Angela Ruggiero (20, 38) have all played for their respective national teams and finished in the top five in the nation in scoring.

Junior goaltender Crystal Springer finished second in the ECAC with a .927 save percentage and 1.54 GAA.

SUMMARY: Harvard has been the top team in the nation since December, guided by a blazingly powerful offense. Opposing teams have been hard pressed to slow down the top line of Shewchuk, Mleczko and Botterill.

With international experience at every position except goaltender, the Crimson is a confident team and cool under pressure, as evidenced by its four overtime wins.

The only trap Harvard falls into is that it sometimes is a little lax on defense, assured that its fleet skating and power will compensate for any positional lapses.