WEDNESDAY MAY 5

LISTINGS

Following in the tradition of Lolita, the TheatreZone is offering How I Learned to Drive this week at the Actor's Workshop. This disturbing black comedy runs through May 9. The Actors Workshop, 40 Boylston St. 887-2336. 6 p.m.

For those who seek more from jazz than Kenny G., you can embark on a trip to The Western Front to hear Extreme Jazz featuring The Christopher Allen Project & Bulgarian Rhapsody. Plus, you can chow on Jamaican food while grooving. The Western Front, 343 Western Ave. 492-7772.

As usual, the Middle East promises two good shows, Downstairs, the Burning Airlines are playing and upstairs Arab on Radar will entertain while you feast on hummus and its related foodstuffs. The Middle East, 472/480 Mass. Ave. 864-EAST.

House of Blues is the politically correct club of Cambridge hosting a Cinco de Mayo celebration. The forbidden dance will not be so forbidden when Ricardo Lemvo takes the stage. House of Blues, 96 Winthrop Street. For advance tickets call 497-2229. 9 p.m.

Leave it to the promoters of M-80 to not forget the transplanted New Yorkers in Boston. On Wednesday they offer "Gotham," NY House and Hip Hop. So for those who need a little New York chic, head over in stilettos and black pants, and you'll be sure to fit in. M-80, 967 Commonwealth Ave. 562-8800.

For those who have ever wondered if there existed '90s art, head over to the Institute of Contemporary Art to see the "Collectors Collect Contemporary Art" show that only shows '90s artworks. The show runs through May 28. 955 Boylston St. 266-5152. Noon to 5 p.m.

You have four days left until the Mary Cassatt: Modern Woman exhibit closes at the Museum of Fine Arts. So you better get there. 465 Huntington Ave., 267-9300. 10 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.

The off-Broadway hit, Blue Man Group is playing in Boston. It's great time for a group, a date, or just some alone time. One hint: Don't wear anything too nice, you never when you may become a member of the blue man group. The Charles Playhouse, 74 Warrenton St. 931-2787. 8 p.m.