Armini Named Radcliffe Public Affairs Director

After roughly six months without a Director of Public Affairs, Radcliffe College named Michael A. Armini to the post this week.

Armini has served as Radcliffe's senior media relations officer for more than a year, and guided the press office through the months of media scrutiny that followed Radcliffe's announcement that it would merge with Harvard.

In his new role, Armini will assist in shaping the press office's relationship with the Harvard News Office, in addition to handling his current responsibilities.

"It's everything I have been doing and a little bit more," Armini said. "With the establishment of the new Radcliffe Institute, there will be a lot of strategic work involved, especially collaborating with the Harvard News Office."

"It's a matter of paying much more attention to the big picture," he said.

The appointment comes at a time when officials from Harvard and Radcliffe are completing the legal merger agreement that will join the two institutions. The legal document was originally expected by July 1. Now, Armini estimates, it will be completed sometime this month and go into effect during the fall.

"With the merger almost complete, it's a lot easier for someone like [interim Radcliffe President] Mary Maples Dunn to make these strategic decisions," Armini said.

Armini will also serve as a proctor in Grays Hall this fall with his wife, Jennifer W. Armini, who is assistant director of career services at the Kennedy School.

--Rachel P. Kovner