Prince Andrew Visits Campus

By James Y. Stern, Crimson Staff Writer

The Secret Service, usually traveling in an entourage of American-made Chevrolet Suburbans and Lincoln Towncars, yesterday descended on Harvard with a Jaguar in tow and in it, Britain's own Prince Andrew.

Stopping in this morning to visit Frankfurter Professor of Law Alan M. Dershowitz, the Duke of York meandered with the professor and about a half dozen friends to the Faculty Club on Quincy Street, where they ate lunch in the club's upstairs dining room.

Earlier in the morning, Andrew sat in on one of Dershowitz's classes and toured the recently renovated Langdell Library at Harvard Law School.

The duke, an avid golfer, is in town to watch the Ryder Cup golf tournament, which began yesterday at the Country Club in Brookline. Staying at the Four Seasons in Boston, the Prince also managed a visit to Boston University earlier this week.

On Wednesday, the Prince traveled to Maine, where he played a few rounds with former President George Bush at the Cape Arundel Golf Club in Kennebunkport.

Andrew, rated Britain's most eligible bachelor in a Tatler magazine survey, divorced his wife Sarah Ferguson in 1996. After the divorce, Andrew's mother, Queen Elizabeth II stripped her former daughter-in-law of her royal title.