Crimson Posts Identical 23-2 Wins

By The CRIMSON Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard Crimson softball team breezed through the weekend with easy back-to-back 23-2 victories over the Harvard Salient and the Harvard-Radcliffe Undergraduate Council.

The Crimson (5-0) beat the all-male council team yesterday behind the offensive might of sophomore catcher Meredith Osborn and third-semester senior and designated hitter Matthew Granade.

Granade drove in The Crimson's third run in the first inning, putting the Crimeds ahead for good.

The council was lead by Brian Smith, Matt Ebbel and Frank Leonard, who are not elected council members.

Turncoat Crimson sportswriter and Council representative Dan Fernandez began a bench-clearing brawl after leaning over the plate to take a Dave Newman offering on the ass.

On Saturday, The Crimson dispatched the Salient Saturday with the help of borrowed offense from the conservative biweekly. Crimson co-sports editor Will Bohlen launched a triple to the fence to lead the Crimson offensive charge.

The Crimson finishes the season against its own alums next weekend at Cambridge Commons.