Crimson History

A glimpse of Harvard's hallowed antiquity, as preserved in the pages of The Crimson.

75 YEars ago

Roberts Favors Harvard Adoption of English Subdivision of University

The suggestion made by the Student Council Committee on Education that the overgrown Harvard undergraduate body might with advantage be divided into groups analogous to the colleges of Oxford and Cambridge is worthy of serious consideration by the graduates who must have been well aware that the growth of the College during the last 25 years has been too rapid to permit satisfactory internal adjustments to keep pace...

—April 16, 1926

50 YEars ago

Recommended Articles

All Four Crimson Courtmen Forced From Tournament
All four Harvard representatives were eliminated from the intercollegiate Squash Tournament at Williams today, thus ending any hope of a
THE MOVIEGOER
J. P. Marquand told the jammed house at Loew's State last night, after the picture had been shown, that if
HEDY LAMARR WATCHES YALE GAME WITH HARVARD'S CASS
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Nov. 15--Hedy Lamarr, glamorous film star, has been invited to attend the Harvard-Yale football game which will be
HEDY LAMARR, ALICE FAYE MAY ENTERTAIN YARDLINGS
"Everything from sex to politics" is the motto of the Freshman Smoker Committee and, as a preliminary move, the Yardlings
The Movigoer
"I Take This Woman"--and who wouldn't? But it is a bit more difficult to muster up any enthusiasm for the
The Moviegoer
If you haven't seen "Boom Town" back home, it's worth a trip downtown to find out what MGM can do