POLICE LOG

By Hana R. Alberts, Crimson Staff Writer

Jan. 26:

12:18:00 a.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were sent to the Hong Kong restaurant and bar on Mass. Ave. to assist the Cambridge Police Department with a large disturbance.

3:23:32 a.m.—Officers were sent to Eliot House on a report of a large party. They shut down the party.

Jan. 27:

2:03:30 a.m.—Officers were sent to Currier House to investigate the report of a fight between two people. They sent the parties on their way.

7:20:12 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to Cabot House to check on the well-being of an individual who could not be contacted for days. The individual was not at home.

Jan. 28:

10:09:59 a.m.—Officers arrested 56-year-old Frances Menzio, a homeless person, at the Science Center for trespassing.

2:04:39 p.m.—Officers were sent to the Greenhouse Cafe to take a report of a burglary.

Jan. 29:

5:46:47 p.m.—HUPD officers monitored a demonstration at Holyoke Center.

7:10:03 p.m.—Officers were sent to the Au Bon Pain at Holyoke Center to investigate an unarmed robbery. The suspect had fled on foot by the time HUPD arrived. A search for the suspect turned up negative, but the stolen property was recovered intact.

Jan. 30:

1:43:26 a.m.—Officers were sent to the headquarters of Harvard Magazine on Ware Street where an individual was reportedly trespassing. After a brief field interview, the officers issued the suspect a trespass warning and escorted the individual off the property.

12:16:24 p.m.—Officers responded to a report of a stolen purse at Baker Library. Another burglary occurred at the same location 45 minutes later.

Jan. 31:

2:15:37 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to a lot behind Apley Court to take a report of ongoing hazardous conditions in dumpsters there.

Feb. 1:

8:32:25 a.m.—HUPD officers were sent to the Au Bon Pain at Holyoke Center on the report of two individuals who appeared on missing person fliers. After a brief investigation, the officers verified their status as missing persons. The parties’ school was notified and took custody of the juveniles.

11:06:58 a.m.—Officers were sent to Larsen Hall on Appian Way on a report of a hypodermic needle in the stairwell. They took the item to University Health Services for proper disposal.

—Staff writer Hana R. Alberts can be reached at alberts@fas.harvard.edu.