Crimson to take on perennial powerhouse, No. 6 Boston College, a year after upsetting the Eagles.

By Rebecca A. Seesel, Crimson Staff Writer

The No. 19 Harvard men’s hockey team takes on No. 6 Boston College in Chestnut Hill tonight.

It is the third game in five days for the Crimson (3-2-0, 3-2-0 ECAC), which lost to No. 5 Cornell last Friday and beat No. 17 Colgate the following night.

Meanwhile, the Eagles (4-2-1, 3-1-1 Hockey East) have won three straight, including a 2-1 victory over No. 8 Vermont this Sunday.

Last season, Harvard stunned Boston College in the Bright Hockey Center with a 3-1 victory. At the time, the Eagles were tops in the nation, while the Crimson was a middling 2-2-1.

“Obviously, the rivalry is there regardless of the records,” said Harvard coach Ted Donato ’91. “And I don’t think we’re afraid to play anybody. I look at our team as being capable of beating anybody.

“We’re excited to play Boston College,” Donato added, “but when I say we’re excited, I don’t want it to sound like we’re not capable. This is an opportunity to show the rest of the country how good we are.”

The Crimson went 6-for-12 on the power play this weekend, but its penalty kill went just 5-for-8.

The Eagles, however, have just an 11.6 conversion rate with the man-advantage and are killing off nearly 81 percent of their penalties.

Tonight’s game begins at 7:30 p.m. and will be televised on CN8.

—REBECCA A. SEESEL

Men's Ice Hockey