Harvard women's golf ties for third at Ross Resorts Invitational

By Crimson staff

The Harvard women’s golf team managed to finish its fall season where it began it: in the top three.

The squad tied for third place in a competitive field yesterday at the Ross Resorts Invitational in Southern Pines, N.C.

The Crimson posted a cumulative score of 922 (311-304-307) in three rounds over two days, knotting with Xavier and trailing Division II Rollins and Princeton, which finished first and second, respectively.

The result gives Harvard its fourth consecutive top three finish in four events this autumn, adding to a resume that already included a tournament win and a pair of second-place finishes.

Sophomore standout Emily Balmert was the Crimson’s low scorer on the links, posting a 10-over par 222 to secure fourth place in the individual standings. 

Junior Jessica Hazlett also wound up in the top ten with a combined score of 230, good for ninth place. Freshmen Sara Harvey and Claire Sheldon concluded the festivities tied for 18th.

Harvard now adjourns for the winter, before getting back on the greens come springtime.

Women's Golf