Men’s soccer looks to get back to winning in daytime tilt versus Vermont today.

By Gabriel M. Velez, Crimson Staff Writer

When the Crimson steps on the field today, it will be looking to beat Vermont for the first time since 2002.

In the last three years, the Harvard men’s soccer team has opened its season with losses to the Catamounts—with last year’s tight 1-0 defeat a display of how the Catamounts have stunned the Crimson before it could even get into the flow of the season.

With six games under its belt this season—and a 4-2-0 record to boast—Harvard hopes keep its momentum rolling early in the season by knocking off Vermont.

It will be nearly impossible for the Catamounts to once again shut out the Crimson as the Harvard has scored 15 goals in its six games. Especially key have been the returns of junior Matt Hoff and sophomore Mike Fucito, while freshman Andre Akpan’s three goals have also sparked the offense.

Vermont, meanwhile, enters today’s game with a 3-3-2 record and just defeated then-No. 22 Massachusetts with a last-minute goal this weekend.

The Crimson-Catamounts matchup will take place at Ohiri Field at 3:30 p.m.

Men's Soccer