Mott Hall Bridges Academy Visited Harvard

•
HONY visit (weather): President Drew G. Faust speaks about the experience of being the first female president of Harvard University. Faust spoke at the Fogg Museum on Thursday morning, where Brandon Stanton, photographer and creator of the popular "Humans of New York" blog, brought students from  Mott Hall Bridges Academy on a visit to Harvard University.
HONY visit (weather): President Drew G. Faust speaks about the experience of being the first female president of Harvard University. Faust spoke at the Fogg Museum on Thursday morning, where Brandon Stanton, photographer and creator of the popular "Humans of New York" blog, brought students from Mott Hall Bridges Academy on a visit to Harvard University.

HONY visit (weather): President Drew G. Faust speaks about the experience of being the first female president of Harvard University. Faust spoke at the Fogg Museum on Thursday morning, where Brandon Stanton, photographer and creator of the popular "Humans of New York" blog, brought students from Mott Hall Bridges Academy on a visit to Harvard University. By Madeline R. Lear

Remember earlier this year when Humans of New York's (HONY) photo of a boy from Mott Hall Bridges Academy talking about his principal turned into a kickstarter to raise money towards the school's visit to Harvard? Well around 200 students and members of MBHA and Brandon Stanton, the creator of HONY, made the visit to Cambridge this past Thursday!

Project TEACH, an early college-awareness program at Harvard, and Harvard College Admissions and Financial Aid worked in conjunction to provide students with a sense of what college life was like. They participated in hands-on activities at various places throughout campus, such as the American Repertory Theater to the Harvard Museum of Natural History. President Faust, Dean Khurana, and Dean Fitzsimmons spoke before the students as well.

As for Stanton's kickstarter, it actually ended up making close to $1.5 million, though the original goal was $100,00! With the extra funds, the school plans to start a scholarship fund for graduates of MBHA. Talk about inspiration!

Flyby Blogthis rocks

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.