The Full-Court Press: Keith Wright '12

By Alex Sopko, Crimson Staff Writer

With its first game on Saturday, the men’s basketball team is gearing up for what’s sure to be an eventful season. Keith Wright, the team’s big man on campus, wouldn’t have it any other way. The bear-like junior co-captain is excited to take the court and chase down Harvard’ first Ivy League title. In this exclusive interview, Wright discusses gummies, awkward moments, and Taylor Swift. Naturally. Every week, The Full Court Press gives you the sort of personal scoop that you’re not likely to hear at a typical press conference.

Name: Keith Wright

Year: 2012

Stats: In his freshman year, Wright was named Ivy League Rookie of the Week twice and scored in double figures in each of the last five games. In his sophomore season, Wright picked up where he left off, averaging 8.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game. He saved his best for the Crimson’s upset win at Boston College where he poured in 21 points.

Bring on the questions!

1.Typical pre-game meal.

The typical pre-game meal for me is grilled chicken, pasta, salad, and some fruits. Before game time I always eat some gummies.

2. List four songs you listen to before games to get pumped up.

"Touch the Sky" by Kanye West ft. Lupe Fiasco, "W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E." by Wale, "Blow Up" by J. Cole, and "You Belong With Me" T. Swift.

3. Favorite team to play against and why?

Any team that I get to play against is my favorite team. I feel blessed every night I get to step on the court and play the game that I love so much.

4. Most ridiculous thing that has taken place in your team's locker room.

What happens in the locker room STAYS in the locker room.

5. Most embarrassing moment you've had on the court.

I don’t really get embarrassed by things, but if I had to say something I would probably say playing a whole first half with my shorts on backwards.

6. Animal that best represents your style of play and why.

A bear. Bears are very tall and large animals. But despite their enormous body mass they are very quick laterally and are able to run at speeds close to 40mph.

7. Most ridiculous thing you have heard a fan yell at a game you were playing in.

I don’t know. I really don’t pay attention to the crowd. Some things that I have heard deal with us being nerds. Nothing clever at all.

8. If you could play for another sports team at Harvard, which would it be and why?

Diving because every once in a while I would jump off the platform and yell, "CANNON BALL!!!"

9. Position you would play in Quidditch.

I would be a Beater of course.

10. If you could go on a date with any professional athlete, who would it be and where would you take him/her?

Danica Patrick. I don’t think I would be taking her anywhere; she is the professional athlete. But if I had to choose the date I would take her to the "Make Way for Ducklings" Statue and then to the swan boats. She would do all the driving of course.

Men's BasketballSports BlogThe Full Court Press