Alumnae Dominate All-Decade Team

By Christina C. Mcclintock, Crimson Staff Writer

“The older I get, the better I was.”

For some former members of the Harvard women’s hockey team, that might just be true, as six Crimson alumnae were named to the ECAC All-Decade team this afternoon. Harvard was the ECAC squad with the most All-Decade team selections, doubling number of selections awarded to runner-up St. Lawrence.

The Crimson swept the first-team forward selections, as all three spots were given to Harvard alums: Jennifer Botterill ’02-’03, Julie Chu ’06-’07, and Sarah Vaillancourt ’08-’09. Joining them on the first team was defenseman Angela Ruggiero ’02-’04, while forward Nicole Corriero ’05 and defenseman Caitlin Cahow ’07-’08 earned spots on the second team.

The team’s four first-team selections all won the Patty Kazmaier Award as college hockey’s top player during their time in Cambridge, with Botterill the only player ever to win it twice. Botterill and Vaillancourt also recently won Olympic gold in Vancouver—the second gold for Vaillancourt, and the third gold and fourth medal for Botterill. The pair’s Team Canada forced Americans Chu, Ruggiero, and Cahow to settle for silver.

Women's Ice HockeySports Blog