With Lin '10 Sidelined by Injury, Anthony Leads Knicks to Consecutive Wins

Thanks to a sore knee, Jeremy Lin '10,  shown above warming up for a March 11 contest against the Philadelphia 76ers, has missed the Knicks' two most recent contests.
Thanks to a sore knee, Jeremy Lin '10, shown above warming up for a March 11 contest against the Philadelphia 76ers, has missed the Knicks' two most recent contests.
By Daniel A. Grafstein, Crimson Staff Writer

Jeremy Lin ’10 has joined fellow New York darling Amar’e Stoudemire on the sideline. Out since Saturday with a sore left knee, Lin has now missed the Knicks' past two contests, watching victories over Milwaukee on Monday and Orlando on Wednesday from the bench.

“Just thinking that more rest would be beneficial right now and that’s basically it,” Lin told reporters prior to Wednesday’s contest. “Just trying to make sure that we give me a chance to rest so that I don’t force anything before I have to.”

Lin’s exact return date is unknown.

"He's just going through the treatment process and he could be day-to-day,” said Knicks interim coach Mike Woodson. “How long that is I have no idea."

In Lin's absence, New York has won two games in dominating defensive fashion. The squad beat Milwaukee, 89-80, on Monday and Orlando, 108-86, in Wednesday’s matchup. Forward Carmelo Anthony led the way, scoring 28 and 25, respectively, in the contests.

Lin’s next opportunity to return to action will be Friday at 7:30 p.m. when the Knicks travel to Atlanta to take on the Hawks.

With 15 games left to play, the Knicks currently sit at eighth place in the Eastern Conference standings, 2 1/2 games ahead of ninth-place Milwaukee. The top eight teams in each conference make the playoffs.

Men's BasketballAlumniSports Blog