Athletes of the Week Runners-Up—Week of 10/6

By Julian Ryan, Crimson Staff Writer

The Bears were laid into by Brown this week (not a typo) as women’s rugby co-captain Xanni Brown scored five tries and added five conversions for a total of thirty seven points, seeing the Crimson through to a momentous 57-7 win. However, while Xanni was The Crimson’s athlete of the week, The Back Page is recognizing other high-achieving Crimson athletes.

Corinne Baine, Women’s Volleyball

Women’s volleyball slugged it out against Brown on Saturday, losing in a five-set thriller. Freshman Corinne Bain put up a monster triple-double with 15 kills, 11 digs and a whopping 33 assists in the loss. There are exciting times ahead for this young talent.

Paul Stanton, Football

Crimson football had a long Saturday, playing through to triple OT against the Holy Cross Crusaders in a 41-35 win. As the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. In this case it was sophomore running back Paul Stanton who put the team on his back. His game-winning touchdown in the third overtime period brought his total for the day to 103 yards on 21 carries for two touchdowns – one, however, slightly more important than the other.

Sports Blog