Athlete of the Week Runners-Up: Week of 4/4

By Stuart Johnson, Contributing Writer

While softball's Taylor Cabe claimed this week's Athlete of the Week honor, she wasn't the only Crimson athlete to record strong performances this week. Sophomores Datlon Youngblood, of women's rugby, and Julia Glynn, of women's lacrosse, are this week's Athlete of the Week runners up.

DALTON YOUNGBLOOD

The Dallas, TX native was a major contributor for the Crimson all throughout the day in Hamden, CT at the Quinnipiac University Rugby Field. In their first game of the day the team suffered a loss to American International College Yellow Jackets, 7-10.

However, with the help of Youngblood, the team earned victories against the Army Black Knights and Norwich’s B team, with final scores of 25-5 and 22-0, respectively. Youngblood scored a total 4 tries in the two contests.

Youngblood scored 6 tries in total during the tournament. Youngblood is among the many underclassmen that have been major contributors to the Crimson women’s rugby team, as the underclassmen were responsible for 12 of the 14 scores on the day.

JULIA GLYNN

The Crimson women’s lacrosse team, despite the tough loss against No.10/11 Princeton, came out hot against the Dartmouth Big Green. Harvard won its second conference game of the season with a dominating performance.

Midfielder Julia Glynn was responsible for 10 of the Crimson’s 17 scores in Saturday’s game at Harvard Stadium, either by netting a goal herself or notching an assist for one of her teammates. Glynn’s career-high 10 points in the contest against Dartmouth gave her the most points on the team this season with a total of 32. The midfielder slightly edges out junior Marisa Romeo who has 30 points on the season.

The first six scores for Harvard in Saturday’s matchup were either scored by or assisted by Glynn. As the whistle sounded for the end of the first half, Harvard had an 8-3 lead over the Big Green. The Crimson would continue to roll as it scored nine more times in the second half, the sophomore being responsible for four of them.

Women's LacrosseWomen's RugbySports Blog