Harvard Today: February 1, 2014.

Harvard Today
Harvard Today

Good morning, Harvard! You’ve made it through your first week of second semester, so reward yourself by celebrating this weekend! That is, unless you’re already swamped with readings or crying about how much of last semester’s material you’ve forgotten.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’s Super Bowl weekend and it looks like the weather gods listened to all of America’s prayers! Today’s high is 40, and it’ll be staying there all weekend with a nearly zero percent chance of rain.

IN THE D-HALLS

And maybe you want to take it easy on the d-hall food today to prepare for the cheesy and greasy goodness that is Super Bowl food?

Lunch:
Chicken Fajitas
Baked Ziti

Dinner:
Chicken Breast with Tomato Basil Salsa
Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
5 Cheese Tortellini with Spinach & Mushroom

ON CAMPUS

Get your Super Bowl spirit on early by cheering for Harvard! Most Harvard sports teams are away this weekend, but you can flaunt your Crimson spirit at Saturday’s Harvard Invitational Track and Field Tournament at 10:30 a.m., or Women’s Tennis at 2 p.m. against...the entirety of Massachusetts?! (or at least according to Go Crimson—we’re not athletically-inclined so we don’t know).

And on Sunday there’s the much-anticipated annual showing of the best commercials of the year. Or something like that. Check out one of the Super Bowl watch parties happening around campus: for freshmen, in the Cambridge Queen’s Head at 6 p.m., and for upperclassmen, in various houses both on the River and in the Quad.

If sports aren’t really your thing, check out some of the arts offerings on campus this weekend. Visiting artist E. Patrick Johnson will be putting on a performance of “Sweet Tea” at 8 p.m. in the Adams House Pool Theater, an original play about black gay men in the South. The Harvard Film Archive will be hosting a screening of the French film “No Rest for the Brave” at 7 p.m., followed by a discussion with director Alain Guiraudie.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.