Harvard Today: February 4, 2014

•
Harvard Today
Harvard Today

Good morning, Harvard! It’s only Tuesday, but in case your brain is already dead, here’s some intellectual stimulation!

Choose the more annoying between the pairs:

Yesterday’s snow pelting you in the face while you walked to class vs. The fact that you have four more days until Friday.

That regrettable decision you made last night to watch a Netflix documentary instead of doing your reading vs. The sludge on your room floor from all of your roommates’ snow boots.

The brief but excruciatingly cold moment you have when you come out of the shower during the winter vs. Your conflicting desires to want a Valentine’s Day date but also to become a social recluse and hide under your covers watching re-runs of “The Office” for the rest of the winter.

When you want to message your friend during lecture but you don’t want the person behind you reading your conversation and judging you vs. The fact that all your goals for second semester have already dissipated.

(Answer: all of the pairs above are equal in terms of annoyance)

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Time to cross our fingers for a snow day sometime this week! With a high of 32 degrees, the day is mostly sunny while there’s a 100 percent chance of snow at night. Combined with more snow expected tomorrow, all we want to do is wear fuzzy socks and drink hot chocolate.

IN THE D-HALLS

Lunch:
Grilled Citrus Chicken
Pork Spetsofai (HUDS is on a roll with the special Greek dishes!)
Falafel Sandwich

Dinner:
Lemon Pepper Tilapia
Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage
It’s also Cupcake Night! You know you want one to get you through the prospects of facing Wednesday.

EVENTS

Although the Harvard Men’s Hockey team fell to Northeastern yesterday in a crushing 6-0 defeat, maybe the Women’s Hockey team can make up for it. Head over to Boston College at 5 p.m. to show them some love.

Aspiring politician? Don’t lie, we know at least half of you have thought about it. And by thought about it, we mean that you’ve probably spent hours in front of the mirror practicing your stump speech. You’re in good company. The Institute of Politics is hosting an open house in the John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum from 6-7:30 p.m. Stop by to learn about all thirteen of their programs, and meet the six fellows who’ll be hanging around the Kennedy School this semester.

AND FINALLY…

A couple things to check out if you have some free (also known as procrastinating) time:

By now, you’ve probably heard about the Harvard riff on Humans of New York that’s been making us all laugh, cry, feel all fuzzy inside, and maybe even wish were fuzzy on the outside, too. That’s right, Squirrels of Harvard has taken this campus by storm, and we’re sure it won’t be long before the hardcover edition of the posts from the Facebook page shows up at the Coop. Maybe Dean Pfister can pitch in with his own edition—Botany of Harvard? Herbaria of Harvard? Mystery Novels of Harvard? We aren’t picky.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.