Harvard Today: March 3, 2015

•
A panel of women reflect on Harvard’s experience of Third Wave/modern feminism. The panel took place on Saturday afternoon and was followed by a feminism fair featuring multiple women organizations on campus.

Happy Tuesday, Harvard, and happy National Pancake Day! Midterm season is truly upon us — treat yourself to a stack of free pancakes at IHOP. They’re raising money for All Children’s Hospital, so it’s good food for a good cause. Enjoy!

In The D-hall

Lunch

Grilled Citrus Chicken

Tomato Beef Macaroni

Green Garbanzo Falafel Sandwich

Dinner

Lemon Pepper Tilapia

Vegetable Dumplings

In the Atmosphere: A sunny and (comparatively) warm day of 20º is in store for us. In even better news, there’s a 95% chance of snow tonight! Yay!

In Flyby:

HUPD Police Log 2/7-2/27: Indecent Exposure and Incessant Alarm Clock -- “1:49 AM Officers dispatched to a report of individuals smoking marijuana outside of the building. Officers arrived and report individuals gone on arrival.”

In the News

Despite Spin-Off, Coop Management Remains Constant — “Barnes and Noble’s recent announcement that the company would divide its education and retail divisions into two separate publicly traded companies will not affect operations at The Harvard Coop, which is managed by Barnes and Noble.”

New York Juice Vendor Liquiteria is Coming to Harvard Square — “The New York City juice vendor Liquiteria will open in Harvard Square this spring at the former site of The Body Shop on Massachusetts Avenue. In addition to its namesake selection of juices and smoothies, Liquiteria also sells salads, entrees, snacks and desserts.”

Events

Girls Run the World — A discussion on matrilineal societies hosted as a part of Women’s Week. 12-1 at Hillel.

Entrepreneurial Panel — A panel about food and fashion startups hosted by the OCS at 4pm.

Women’s Lacrosse — The women’s lacrosse team is playing at Virginia at 4pm today. You can livestream the game through gocrimson.com

Organized Labor in the 21st century — A discussion on the value of unions in our society and their future. Boylston 105 at 8pm.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.