Things To Do This Reading Period

By Danielle L Lussi

Reading period is right around the corner! And that means two extremely important things: it’s finally going to be consistently warm enough for shorts and, with classes finally over, you’ll have ample time to spare. Take advantage of the gorgeous weather (before it gets disgustingly hot and humid) to spend some time outside the classroom. Close those books, escape the Harvard bubble, and give yourself some time for well deserved fun.

Take that trek into Boston you’ve been meaning to make since freshman year and have a picnic with friends at Boston Commons, head over to Six Flags New England for some thrilling rides, take a road trip (or the T) to Revere Beach, stroll around the harbor, shop at Newbury Street, or walk the Freedom Trail. If you prefer to stay local, go kayaking in the Charles, finally jump off Weeks Bridge, and bike along the riverbank.

For those of you who prefer less physically excruciating activities, there’s still plenty to do! Instead of lying around watching Netflix, head on over to the movies, attend a Red Sox game, eat dinner at the North End, go to the Ballet, or visit one of Boston’s many museums.

If you’re an art aficionado, sip wine alongside friends (or the crush you’re trying to woo before the semester wraps up) while you recreate cool Bostonian cityscapes at Boston’s Paint Bar. And if you’re an animal lover, consider visiting the New England Aquarium (my favorite are the cute Little Blue Penguins) or even go whale watching in the harbor.

Flyby BlogFlyby CityFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.