What’s Your Personal Roman Empire?

By Courtesy of GIPHY

While some guys think of the Roman Empire on a daily basis, the rest of us might have some more… “normal” things that live in our minds rent-free. As Harvard students, we all share one singular brain cell anyway, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we think about the same things. So what’s the equivalent of a Harvard student’s Roman Empire?

Red

What is his best catch? How is it possible that each week he has a new best catch? If all houses have the same menu, which house gets his BEST best catch? What about red spiced chicken? Is this him spicing the chicken? Is it a blend he created? I have been searching for answers for more than three years. One day, I will find Red himself and ask.

The Quad Shuttle

With Passio GO! being a little less than 100 percent accurate (although I can finally stop checking online for the schedule), this one hurts a little too much. Let’s be real though, with Cambridge traffic, it is entirely possible to walk faster than the shuttle drives. Try to enjoy that before it gets too freezing to function.

The Cardamom Chai Latte at the Art Museums

It’s less than $5! It’s phenomenal! It’s at the Art Museums! What is there not to daydream about?

*Insert Your Favorite Sidechat Post*

Some of us keep thinking about certain TFs, and others are just looking to capitalize on a well-timed photo to maximize karma. Every campus event brings us many anonymous users posting Sidechats live, and for the entertainment and breaking news, we are eternally grateful.

Remy’s Location

Whether you’ve had one brush with our favorite campus celebrity or see him all the time around Barker, we have all obsessed over finding Remy at some point. With Sidechat constantly on the lookout for any sightings and chronicling about his well-being, everyone will be envious if you snag some time with him.

Winter Break

Yes, we might have just started the semester, but I am already envisioning myself lying on my parents’ couch while I binge watch all the “Twilight” movies and eat a pint of ice cream. No thoughts, head empty. If we manifest hard enough, we can get there soon.

The next time you’re trying to awkwardly connect with somebody over small talk, bring up one of these topics instead of the usual, “So what are you thinking of concentrating in?” Since we all think about the same things all the time anyway, you are 100 percent guaranteed to make a new friend. Or you know, at least successfully pretend that you have social skills.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.